Wednesday, August 10, 2011

RIMOUSKI

August 10, 2011

Today has been one of getting ready for the next leg of the journey.  I have to make up fender boards for the boat..  They are nothing more than 2" x 6" x 6' lengths of board that are placed outside the fenders to provide more protected surface when alongside fishing boats or walls.  I should have done this in Douglas, MI but it was a project that never happened.

Changed oil and filter today:  It had 200 hrs on it and was very black.  Tomorrow I'll change out the Racor fuel filters and fuel up.  Hopefully, sail power will take over the excellent job the Volvo Penta has done.

We have "grubbed up" for the upcoming voyage.  It is hard to get used to the Canadian prices.  I think I said before that they are at least 30% more that what we pay in the states.  Some items are double that.

No comments:

Post a Comment